- Lifespan: 50~60 years
- Creator: Amun and Aradia
- Background: The first race created. Originally born with magic but as a result of their rebellion it was lost. All the humans either live under the rule of the other races or are primitive.
- Appearance: The humans in Aestus have dark curly hair, dark eyes and an olive complexion. Their average height is about 5ft 5in. In Pulau they have black silky wavy hair, black eyes, and dark golden skin. Their average height is about 4ft 10in. In Santis they have thick black hair, dark brown eyes, and brown skin. Their average height is about 5ft 3in. In Talamh they have blond or light brown hair, light colored eyes, and fair skin. Their average height is about 5ft 7in.
- Abilities: None
- Lifespan: 1200 years
- Creator: Nu
- Background: The second race. The males are called nixes and the females are called sirens. The live in the seas and the island Pulau is their connection to the surface dwellers.
- Appearance: Hair color matches their fish-like tail. Scale colors are red, pale pink, orange, gold, bright yellow, pale yellow, green, turquoise, steel blue, royal blue, purple, copper, brown, black, silver, and white. Eyes are gold, silver, red, blue, or black. They have pearlescent skin with gills on their neck and serrated pointed ears. Their hands and feet (when they have them) are webbed. Their average height is about 61/2ft.
- Abilities: Renowned for their musical ability which they can enthrall with. They can communicate with any sea animal. Some can change their tail into legs. They dehydrate easily out of the water.
- Lifespan: 400 years
- Creator: Geb
- Background: The third race created. Geb had created them as companions to join him on the hunt.
- Appearance: Varies by tribe. Their average height is about 6ft.
- Abilities: Shapeshifts into animals. Above average healing rate. Silver acts as a poison when it enters the bloodstream.
- Background: Wolf tribe of the Remotio. Many of them die before 100 years of age because of the fight challenges. Once mated they are physically incapable of sleeping with someone else. Children are born 2-3 at a time. They live in the forests of Talamh.
- Appearance: Hair color matches their fur. Fur colors are brown, black, red, white, and cream. Eyes are either blue or yellow. They are fair skinned with fangs and claws.
- Abilities: They shapeshift into wolves. They have an enhanced sense of smell, hearing, and night vision.
- Background: Fox tribe of the Remotio. The normally live alone or in small family units. When they want children they will find someone to mate with but once the children are independent they will separate. They normally have a fixed territory they roam around in. They make their home everywhere except Pulau.
- Appearance: Hair color matches their fur. Fur colors are white, tan, black, silver, cream, and red. Eyes are amber, but can sometimes be blue or green. They are fair skinned or tanned with fangs and claws.
- Abilities: They shapeshift into foxes. They have an enhanced sense of smell and hearing. They are good climbers.
- Background: Hyena tribe of the Remotio. They are a nepotistic matriarchy society who live in large communities called clans. They are very promiscuous as a people and will normally not settle down with a partner. The vast majority of deaths are attributed to young females seeking to eliminate their rivals. And they really, really don’t get along with the leos. They live in the deserts of Santis.
- Appearance: They have hair that matches their spotted fur, brown eyes, and light brown skin. They have fangs and claws.
- Abilities: They shapeshift into hyenas. They have an enhanced sense of hearing and vision. Their jaws have a powerful bone-crushing ability.
- Background: Leopard tribe of the Remotio. They are a matriarchy society. It is not uncommon for a woman to have more than one mate. Most live as nomads in the desert. They live in the deserts of Santis.
- Appearance: They have hair that matches their pelt, green cat eyes, and light brown skin. They have fangs and claws.
- Abilities: They shapeshift into leopards. They have an enhanced sense of smell, hearing, and night vision. They are very agile and flexible.
- Background: Lion tribe of the Remotio. Always stealing stuff from the bouda, because they are too lazy to get their own.
- Abilities: They shapeshift into lions.
- Background: Tiger tribe of the Remotio.
- Abilities: They shapeshift into tigers.
- Background: Bear tribe of the Remotio.
- Abilities: They shapeshift into bears.
- Background: Deer tribe of the Remotio.
- Abilities: They shapeshift into deer.
- Background: Crocodile tribe of the Remotio.
- Abilities: They shapeshift into crocodiles.
- Background: Viper tribe of the Remotio.
- Abilities: They shapeshift into vipers.
- Background: Cobra tribe of the Remotio.
- Abilities: They shapeshift into cobras.
- Background: Python tribe of the Remotio.
- Abilities: They shapeshift into pythons.
- Background: Owl tribe of the Remotio.
- Abilities: They shapeshift into owls.
- Background: Sparrow tribe of the Remotio.
- Abilities: They shapeshift into sparrows.
- Background: Falcon tribe of the Remotio.
- Abilities: They shapeshift into falcons.
- Lifespan: 900 years
- Creator: Set
- Background: The fourth race. They are great hoarders, whether it be treasure, weapons, or knowledge. Dracanas have a caste system which is divided by scale color that is further divided by wealth, power, or knowledge. They are born as dragons and at age 50 they learn how to change to humanoid form. They are hermaphrodites, but without breasts, since dragons are born ready to eat meat. They created the militaristic empire Aestus. It is governed between two alternating imperial families. All the citizens of Aestus are required to serve at least 40 years in the military.
- Appearance: Their hair (in humanoid form) and slitted eyes match their scales. Scale colors are onyx, moonstone, gold, ruby, emerald, sapphire, amethyst, and copper. There are also various pastel colors. They have an olive complexion with scale markings. They have pointed ears, horns, fangs, claws, wings, & tail. Their wings are a lighter shade of color than their scales. Their average height is about 7ft 9in. In dragon form their average size is 45ft long and 17ft high.
- Abilities: Fire-breathing shapshifting dragons (in both forms). In humanoid form they can summon their scales to cover their skin to act as armor.
- Lifespan: Do not age after being turned or reaching maturity
- Creator: Morrigan
- Background: The fifth race. Their creation was accidental and the result of Morrigan laying with a dracana, who then developed bloodlust. Morrigan did further experiments on humans. They became blood drinkers and when they bit other humans they also became blood drinkers. These humans were later modified into the current korvei. Because of this they are often seen as parasites. They have a low fertility rate and a high infant mortality rate so children are revered and considered precious. They live in the underground cave systems of Talamh, with the royals ruling from the stronghold, Cinnré.
- Appearance: The royals (Morrigan’s direct children) have red hair and eyes, with an average height of 6ft. The rest have blond, light brown, or dark curly hair, and light or dark colored eyes. Their average height is about 51/2ft. The korvei have pale skin from living underground and fangs to suck blood with.
- Abilities: They have increased strength, speed, and healing. They have telepathy, it’s especially strengthened with those they have shared blood with. Extremely vulnerable to the sun. Sensitive to the smell of blood. They can control blood in varying degrees. They can make others of themselves by draining their victim and giving their own blood in return. They can tie a human to them by exchanging their blood with them three times. This allows them to see, hear, taste, touch, and smell through the human. The human in return will live as long as the korvei lives.
- Lifespan: 150 years
- Creator: Aradia
- Background: They came about when a few humans, at birth, absorbed some of the residual magical energy Aradia left behind when she disappeared. Some consider them human and others consider them as a separate race. They are nomads that act as merchants, mercenaries, mediators, and troubadours. They’re only known camp is found in Aestus.
- Appearance: They look exactly like a human except that they have the rune for chalice on their foreheads, which they receive once they pass their apprenticeship. The rune matches the color of their magai class (see the Magic page).
- Abilities: Magic wielding humans. Healers are physically frail while necromancers are mentally unstable.
- Lifespan: Varies
- Creator: N/A
- Background: They are an offshoot of the dracana race. They occur when a dracana lays with a female of a foreign race. Their existence is mostly unheard of due to the fact that the Oynx Imperials adhere to the purity of race while the Moonstone Imperials sequester any they find for their protection. The obsessive and possessive traits that dracanas are known to have become slightly perverted in this race. They journey out to find “the one” in which they will serve wholeheartedly, fanatically so. Though they are called a servile race because of this, they absolutely will not tolerate being look down upon by others.
- Appearance: Their coloring matches that of their dracana parent, but they do not have any of the scale markings nor the wings and tail.
- Abilities: They retain their dracana parent’s fire-breathing ability. They also inherit any abilities that their mother may have. The pearl they have on the center of their forehead has a dimensional storage ability. They can sense the feelings and thoughts of their “one”.
The Soul Races
- Lifespan: N/A
- Creator: Astral
- Background: Created after the merpeople. They are created from a pure soul. They are separated into messengers and healers.
- Appearance: Have the same features from when they were alive. They have pure white or gold streaked white feathered wings. Also have a slight glow about them.
- Abilities: Have telepathic communication with each other and between the gods and their respective priests. The ones with gold streaked white wings have restoration magic. They have ghost-like bodies when they descend unto Gaia.
- Lifespan: N/A
- Creator: Astral
- Background: Created after the pridaku. They are created from the souls of the dead that chose not to reincarnate. They reap the souls of the dead. They serve Segal.
- Appearance: Have the same features from when they were alive. They have black feathered wings.
- Abilities: Have telepathic communication with each other and Segal. They have ghost-like bodies when they descend unto Gaia.
- Lifespan: N/A
- Creator: Astral
- Background: Created after the dracana. They are created from the souls of fallen warriors. They guard the temples of the gods; as well as fight and guard mortals on the gods’ behalf. They serve Morrigan.
- Appearance: Have the same features from when they were alive. They have red feathered wings with gold streaks.
- Abilities: Have telepathic communication with each other and Morrigan. Can cast mysticism magic. When they descend unto Gaia they have ghost-like bodies but they can solidify at will.
- Lifespan: Immortal
- Creator: Orcus
- Background: Created slightly before the Magai appeared. They are created from lost souls. Only a handful exist. Incapable of disobeying Orcus’ orders.
- Appearance: Have the same features from when they were alive, but where their eyes should be are blue-grey flames. They have ghost-white skin with the mark of a black flame on their foreheads. They have black bat wings and a barbed tail. Also have curling ram horns, fangs and claws.
- Abilities: Have telepathic communication with each other and Orcus. Can see through each other’s eyes. They have increased strength and speed, and enhanced senses. Heal any injury and won’t die even if they are burned to ashes.
The Spirit Races
- Lifespan: 28 years
- Creator: Geb
- Background: Created before the luperci. Spirits and guardians of the forest. Have a high fertility rate. Ruled by a queen. Divided into workers, gatherers, and guards.
- Appearance: Hair and eye color are varying shades of green and brown. Skin color varies between cream and nut brown. They have two sets of dragonfly wings. They have pointed ears and four fingers and toes. Their average height is about 6in.
- Abilities: They have illusion and earth magic.
- Lifespan: 5 years
- Creator: Set
- Background: Created before the dragons. Spirits of fire. Normally dwell in volcanoes, but have been known to be found in hearths and forges.
- Appearance: Formed of fire. Their appearance is changeable, though they do not get bigger than 2ft.
- Abilities: Can control fire.
- Lifespan: N/A
- Creator: Orcus
- Background: Created before the Korvei. They were all formed at once and do not reproduce. They sometimes work as a necromancer’s familiar.
- Appearance: They have black hair and eyes, and red skin. They have barbed tail, horns, pointed ears, fangs and claws. They’re about 4ft tall, but can shrink in size.
- Abilities: Have telepathic communication with each other as well as with Orcus and Segal.